Kwasowa Grota Heroes VIIMight & Magic XHeroes III - Board GameHorn of the AbyssHistoria Światów MMSkarbiecCzat
Cmentarz jest opustoszały
Witaj Nieznajomy!
zaloguj się    załóż konto
Niebiańska Kuźnia  (WoG, HotA, VCMI)temat: [ERA/dodatek] The Succession Wars
komnata: Niebiańska Kuźnia (WoG, HotA, VCMI)
strona: 1 - 2 - 3 ... 26 - 27 - 28 ... 49 - 50 - 51

Daractive PW
28 czerwca 2014, 21:43
Spodziewałem się tego pytania, choć odpowiedź wydaje mi się oczywista. Anioły są tworami Starożytnych (oczywiście jak sam już wspomniałeś tak naprawdę opieramy się na domysłach) stworzonymi w celu eksterminacji Diabłów (dodatkowe obrażenia nie biorą się znikąd), które dołączyły po prostu do jednej z frakcji z nimi walczących (co w sumie, jeżeli się nie mylę, było głównie domeną ludzi). Natomiast ci Strażnicy pilnowali głównie różnych lochów, podziemi itp. i byli raczej nieprzyjemni w stosunku do wszystkich.
Moim zdaniem ich obecność w armii jest tak samo sensowna jak obecność Terminatorów, Patrol Unitów czy Androidów i może być jedynie uzasadniona "przeprogramowaniem" (nie jesteśmy do końca pewni z jakim stworzeniem mamy do czynienia) starych jednostek lub produkcją nowych (obydwa rozwiązania wydają się ciężkie do zrealizowania z perspektywy przeciętnego obywatela).
tl;dr Anioły mają do wykonania zadanie, które jest im znacznie łatwiej wykonać w komitywie z ludźmi, natomiast cała reszta ferajny to strażnicy mający eksterminować wszelkie formy życia.

PS Nie wiem na ile wam to pomoże, ale Strażnicy VARNu mrugają w momencie otrzymania obrażeń co mogłoby sugerować ze odczuwają ból.

Degraf PW
28 czerwca 2014, 22:17
Cytat:
spellcasters of Dragonsand Desert

In an earlier version of of mod "gypsies" had locked magic. So now have changed the idea or is it just a definite description?

Jeżeli zaś chodzi o Anubisa - jak ktoś ma MM6 to czy jaki dźwięk wydaje w chwili śmierci? To by mogło pomóc w określeniu stopnia mechanizacji.

Daractive PW
28 czerwca 2014, 22:45
Sprawdzone (na Fallen Defender). Zarówno przy otrzymaniu ciosu, jak i śmierci "Anubis" porykuje (coś pomiędzy rykiem a warknięciem).

AmiDaDeer PW
28 czerwca 2014, 22:53
Czyli to raczej żywe stworzenia. Albo może podobna "konstrukcja" jak Strażnicy...?

Kastore PW
29 czerwca 2014, 13:28
Daractive:
Anioły są tworami Starożytnych (oczywiście jak sam już wspomniałeś tak naprawdę opieramy się na domysłach) stworzonymi w celu eksterminacji Diabłów (dodatkowe obrażenia nie biorą się znikąd), które dołączyły po prostu do jednej z frakcji z nimi walczących
No widzisz, sęk w tym, że to także są tylko domysły. Bardzo prawdopodobne, ale wciąż nikt nigdy nie powiedział wprost skąd są aniołowie i po co. Ze strażnikami VARNu też można postąpić niepisaną zasadą NWC "zdradź graczom 2+2, ale do 4 niech sami dojdą", tzn. jeżeli pasuje do klimatu, wystarczy nic nie mówić. Nierozeznani będą ich traktować jako zwykłe stwory fantasy, a zorientowani w fabule będą mieli zagadkę. Klasyk.

Co do aniołów, to sądzę, że można je traktować jako takie niańki, które w razie potrzeby obronią Twój kraj przed najeźdźcami, planetę przed kosmitami, tudzież uratują Cię od apokalipsy. Tylko moje pytanie - dlaczego akurat planeta Enroth? Dlaczego tak potężna straż jest właśnie tam? Czy jest też na Axeoth? W końcu tam aniołowie nie przychodzą przez portale, tylko mieszkają w jakiś świątyniach - czyżby pozostałości z Enroth?

Ale to by się nadawało bardziej do tematu o teoriach szalonych. :P

J. M. Sower PW
29 czerwca 2014, 14:05
Ja osobiście chętnie bym zobaczył tę jednostkę w pustynnym mieście, a co do tego jak zwykli ludzie nimi zawładnęli to właśnie wpadł mi do głowy pomysł, że wystarczyłoby, aby tą frakcją zawładnął ktoś pokroju Kastore'a (niby zwykły śmiertelnik, a jednak posiadający pewną wiedzę), który potrafiłby je przeprogramować (jeśli to roboty, w co jestem bardziej skłonny uwierzyć). Mógłby też im nagadać bzdur i omotać, sądzę jednak, iż żywe i myślące istoty nie siedziały by ponad tysiąc lat w jakiejś budowli, mając gdzieś to co się dzieje na zewnątrz i nie atakowały by każdego obcego jakiego zauważą.

Orzie PW
29 czerwca 2014, 15:44
As my Google Translate was able to translate, I guess you have some doubts about the Ancients creature in the regular lineup of the Gipsy Castle.

However, we all should remember that Angels and Titans are nothing less than the Ancients' creations too, and I would also doubt about their pure robotic origin. I would say it like "Android" or other biological design. Possibly, a cyborg like Corak and Sheltem were. In HoMM2, Titans are shown more like cyborgs, actually - they are immune to Mind spells (Blind, Berserk, Paralyze, Hypnotize), while the Golems are not.

So, the Tomb Guardians (we decided to call them that way) have no less rights to become regular lineup creatures. The Succession Wars Mod will have a notable affinity to the RPG series by NWC.

What I can suppose is that the Tomb Guardians of Dragonsand might have made some kind of pact or agreement with the Gipsies, or they were successful in taking control under some of them. I also should note that we will have the Genie as the 7th lvl and the Anubis as the 6th lvl, which is a bit unlike MM6, but fully satisfies NWC's tradition about cross-game creatures. We all can remember Crusaders from H3 which are present in MM7 under the names of "Master of the Sword", and their abilities differ drastically as well.

@Degraf: Yeah, at first we planned Gipsy as the might-oriented faction, but it seems that we will not be able to keep it like that. Everything about Gipsy says that it is a magic-oriented faction - the exterior look, mighty magical creatures on the higher levels, hero portraits. At least, The Succession Wars Mod will have Heretic as the might-oriented faction - we are not going to change that.

AmiDaDeer PW
29 czerwca 2014, 16:05
Orzie:
Tomb Guardians (we decided to call them that way)
Names of units in HoMM series (at least in most cases) are more obvious and simple and aren't specifying their purpose nor "role" in the lore. I think the name "Tomb Guardian" is a bit confusing and while names like that can work in a RPG game, it would really outstand from all units like Orc, Cyclop, Unicorn, Druid, Genie and others.

How about an Anubite, like in AoM? By changing the name like that, you could also explain their lore a bit.

PS. Yes, I know Forge has the same problem with almost all units, but it's an exception and there's not much we can do about it. To fix it completely we'd have to change the whole line up and make all units original, but I think that would be too much for such legendary town.

Orzie PW
29 czerwca 2014, 18:25
I don't think it is necessary. You know, a big number of creatures in MM6-8 are not named exactly as their H3 brothers. And also the name "Guardian of VARN" - THIS is the name which would confuse players, because many don't know what is MM6.

The trick is - we bring additional affinity to the Might and Magic series, but we don't bring science fiction to Heroes of Might and Magic II. (The Forge castle on adventure map I made was just for fun, and probably I will make a standalone faction, not included to 'vanilla' The Succession Wars Mod). We don't use the word 'planet' - we use the word 'world'. Same for VARN - we would have to explain everyone what is VARN, and this acronym consists of sci-fi words which are alien to vanilla H2, which is recognized by everyone as a fairy-tale and we are not going to change that. "Tomb Sentinel/Tomb Guardian" is self-descriptive, fairy-tale-ish and does not require additional explanation.

So, in short words - we leave a REAL lot of references to MM series, but we don't say everything directly, so the people who are not familiar with MM will be also pleased with the game and not shocked by anything. You will be able to find a huge number of references in our new hero biographies, too (you can read many posted on DF2 since you are capable of understanding Russian ;) )

Degraf PW
29 czerwca 2014, 18:32
Would not it be easier to consider, that these jackalmen is artificial race (like minotaurs), which after fall of VARN gained selfawareness? Then modders have simply situation - "they wanted so it came to gipsy town". And high-technoligical elements for gipsy dont fit IMO.

AmiDaDeer PW
29 czerwca 2014, 18:36
@Orzie - I'm not sure if you understand me...

Let me put it this way: there is no other unit that is named "Noun's Noun" or "Noun of Noun". It's rather "Noun Noun" or "Adjective Noun", or just "Noun". E.g. Cyclop, Orc Chieftain, Mighty Gorgon.

Also, when you hear "Guardian", in terms of HoMM series, you rather think of some kind of human guard - as there are Pikemen, Druids etc. (no Human Pikemen or Human Druids). When it comes to a fantasy creature, it's rather named simply after this creature so that it won't confuse anyone.

Of course it's still your decision, still I think you should rather make some other name for these monsters so that they'll fit the game more.

Orzie PW
29 czerwca 2014, 19:28
Ah, I misunderstood you then :) Well, you have a point. I will have to take that into account too. The name "Tomb Guardian" sounds to me acceptably good though, especially if we fill the Pyramid (fight undead for the 5th lvl spell) with those Anubites instead of Vampire Lords which are a bit illogical there accompanying the logical Mummies.

AmiDaDeer PW
29 czerwca 2014, 19:33
I think Anubites or Jackalmen would be good eitherway. Simple and obvious is the way to go. And those who played MM series will still know that these guys are related to the Ancients. :P

rtx PW
30 czerwca 2014, 08:11
IMO Tomb Guardian fits perfectly and specifies his role no more than orc chieftain or ogre shaman.

Orzie PW
30 czerwca 2014, 08:26
Hobb just mentioned the 'naming pattern' of all creatures, noting that "Tomb Guardian" follows another pattern than the classic H2 ones. If it was like "Anubite/Grand Anubite" or "Jackal/Jackal Warrior", it would be more appropriate in terms of naming patterns for creatures.

However, I don't think the names Tomb Sentinel/Tomb Guardian stand out too much. We will form the final opinion after the people's feedback on the next beta version.

AmiDaDeer PW
30 czerwca 2014, 12:37
@rtx - there are no Ogre Shamans, just Ogre Lords. :P Anyhow, while these are just some Chieftains or Lords or Minotaur Kings who we can meet anywhere and don't need any explanation in the story, Tomb Guardian is, well, a guardian of the tomb and nothing else, no matter what mapmaker will do. So that's another reason - next to naming pattern.

Hayven PW
30 czerwca 2014, 13:03
Yes, that's right. If somebody is a Tomb Guardian, how would you explain how he became a Sawmill Guardian or a soldier in a regular army? :D

rtx PW
30 czerwca 2014, 15:48
Oh wait, it's H2's naming pattern, I thought about H3's one. :P
[I still think it's a good name]

Orzie PW
30 czerwca 2014, 16:00
I just don't like "Anubite" to be honest. Still, I hope we will be able to find a proper solution - I don't have any special preferences for the name of the creature, my biggest intention is just to transfer it from one my favourite game to another. :)

Hayven PW
30 czerwca 2014, 16:33
3 seconds of thinking - Jackalman :D

EDIT:

Wiem, ale Orzie tak jakby zbył ją milczeniem :P
HobbitHobbitTa propozycja już padła. :P
strona: 1 - 2 - 3 ... 26 - 27 - 28 ... 49 - 50 - 51
temat: [ERA/dodatek] The Succession Wars