Kwasowa Grota Heroes VIIMight & Magic XHeroes III - Board GameHorn of the AbyssHistoria Światów MMSkarbiecCzat
Cmentarz jest opustoszały
Witaj Nieznajomy!
zaloguj się    załóż konto
Niebiańska Kuźnia  (WoG, HotA, VCMI)temat: [ERA/dodatek] The Succession Wars
komnata: Niebiańska Kuźnia (WoG, HotA, VCMI)
strona: 1 - 2 - 3 ... 22 - 23 - 24 ... 49 - 50 - 51

Orzie PW
4 stycznia 2014, 17:03
The preparation of the Extra Map Pack for January/October betas is coming to its final stages. With the installation of it, classic unconverted SoD maps will disappear from the menu, stopping confusing the users. Only the right maps will be visible, and their quantity is about to reach 40-50 maps, originating from Heroes 1, Heroes 2 and Heroes 3.

Orzie PW
19 stycznia 2014, 19:16
We proudly present some significant updates.

First of all, here is the new Witch hero look, based strongly on Charon, the new Witch character created by us before.

Secondly, here is a big Knight townscreen update. Now the buildings are not scattered randomly, some new ones are added and the decorative objects are implemented to fill the space and make the screen more interesting and atmospheric.

CRW PW
20 stycznia 2014, 10:38
That's a big improvement! The less empty space you have, the better.

Still imho the jousting arena looks a bit small in comparison to other buildings.

Orzie PW
20 stycznia 2014, 14:02
Sure, there will be even more environment objects and such. Thanks for your attention.

We don't think making the Jousting Arena larger is so necessary (and in fact, it is barely doable because H2 resolution is 640x480, but H3 is only 800x600, which does not allow to upscale the buildings losslessly). Some pixels can be doubled and some can be not, which will spawn plenty of problems.

We will see what we can do though, perhaps some other buildings can be slightly improved.

CRW PW
21 stycznia 2014, 12:05
I had a look on HoMM2 before posting and yeah, the sizes are the same, still the arena looks smaller than in the original game. I think the hill behind it makes it look smaller.

Changing the surroundings or simply moving the arena up or changing its position with what-used-to-be-thieves-guild would improve the visuals.

BTW, I love the looks of tavern/brotherhood of sword.

Orzie PW
22 stycznia 2014, 20:33
Have you ever wanted to see the neutral castle in Heroes of Might and Magic II?

We are able to show it to you! Yet, in a shape of a castle icon.

With the recent poll results, it has been decided to switch back to classic global map castle icon style.
I also created this picture showing how the new icon would fit to HMMII.

AmiDaDeer PW
22 stycznia 2014, 20:57
Nice job!

desmond PW
23 stycznia 2014, 18:59
I don't really like the idea of ghosts in any other town, but necromancer. In other case having them wolud give a -2 penalty to morale as undead units. Townscreen looks great, but this hill on left side doesn't look realistic, I mean, this path above should go in a different way beacause of the hill or it looks like some kind of illusion ;) In other words - there is something wrong with perspective in this part of townscreen.

And will be there grail building?

AmiDaDeer PW
23 stycznia 2014, 19:01
Maybe it is? :P

Degraf PW
23 stycznia 2014, 19:29
Undead it is "descriptive group trait" - neutral morale + non live creatures + penalty to morale + something. But in game all this traits is hidden. So gipsy ghost can have not quite full undead and have description "undead".

I really like this mod! But in news I see reconfiguration in witch units. Earlier was probably better - many heavy infantry and many shooters is good set. Set a'la Fortress in H3 is (1 weak archer; many heavy infantry and 2 weak flyers) not a good idea.

Melindar PW
23 stycznia 2014, 19:55
Desmond- We set it so that the Ghosts do not give the negative penalty to the morale of any units - therefore the Gipsy creatures within. I have planned to change the Ghosts to 'Spirits', or put them in the Necromancer castle and have the Ghoul as a neutral creature instead.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, Grail buildings are in progress.

Degraf - Actually, before the units were even weaker. The level 4 beholders had low hit points, (25), while the Toad is planned to have 30 and 35 for the upgrade. The level 6 Shaman had also low stats and health, but now the Wyvern will replace him as a stronger creature. Even though the Witch is not going to have as many shooters, you have the Wizard after all. There are not many defensive based castles in the mod for now, therefore we decided to stay with the original Witch/Fortress concept. The Gipsy is going to bring a new concept and strategy though.

Orzie PW
24 stycznia 2014, 15:15
Putting Ghosts to Necromancer domain is of course logical, but a) it will be copying the H3 lineup and b) Ghosts are indeed native to Desert on the first place (do you remember the 2nd scenario in Lord Slayer campaign for Heroes 1?)
Also, just imagine what will happen when the Necromancer will get not only the multiplying Skeletons, but also the multiplying Ghosts. Eek!

You know, something like "the neutral castle" often sounds like an illogical bunch of units which don't fit to each other and overall setting, but Heroes 2 neutrals are of other kind. Even the fact that they are shown on the neutral background tells us something (and you even get "All Multi Warriors" morale bonus while having your party composed only from neutrals).

Also, it is necessary to mention that Gipsy is the neutral-evil class. This faction is mysterious and for sure unique, with its own concept and such. The story of Ghosts can be implicated using one of the Gipsy hero bios as "former exiled Necromancer" with the appropriate specialty.

Like Melindar said, the morale penalty will be manipulated. I think, it will be good to make Gipsy units not fearing the undead, or Ghosts specifically (and leave this option as non-documented).

As for the fitting, in classic H3 there are also a lot of questionable solutions, like Griffin in Knight's castle (WTF, a fierce beast was TAMED??) or something of that kind. Our Necromancer can have the Cuisinart (MM6 Black Knight) in his lineup. He even does have the same blade as H3 one, but is unmounted.

We are also not likely to copy H3 lineups fully (the Wyvern was applied only after we realized that we cannot imagine something better for the 6th level). Secondly, we should also realize that Enrothian Witches will obviously differ from the ones from Antagarich.

The 1st level for the Witch level is still discussed - as you can see, the current one looks a bit cheap and the name "Gnoms" don't fit anyway.

There was an option about Wererats, but not sure for now.

AmiDaDeer PW
24 stycznia 2014, 15:54
Maybe bubbleman from MM3? :P

Call him Oozeman or Swampfolk, I'm sure it'll fit.

And if you don't have good ideas for Neutral town, there is always werewolf from MM6. Really good idea for H2 unit.

Orzie PW
24 stycznia 2014, 16:01
Currently only the 2nd level of the Gipsy castle is discussed (speaking of the neutrals). It should be a shooting one, because the castle only has upgraded Medusas who can shoot.

Witch castle, actually, will supposedly have the Upgraded Toad shooting with a very small number of charges.

As for the Beholders, they are in development. We've got a nice conversion draft of a MM6 Maddening Eye/Evil Eye from MM6 by a certain guy, and it looks pretty H2-ish. It will be presented later when finished.

As for the Ooze... it can work, but what ability should we put to it? In MM6-7 it is immune to all physical damage. I guess it's illogical to have such creatures in HMM.

AmiDaDeer PW
24 stycznia 2014, 16:17
How about reducing physical (not spell) or ranged damage by, say, 20%?

Orzie PW
24 stycznia 2014, 16:25
I don't think ability like this makes sense for the 1st level unit. Perhaps something else... It also does not look as an 1st level unit, more around 3-4th. It should be anthropomorphic. Why not Wererats actually?

AmiDaDeer PW
24 stycznia 2014, 16:28
Orzie:
It also does not look as an 1st level unit, more around 3-4th. It should be anthropomorphic.
That's why I thought it should be an Oozeman, like in MM3. Wererats are fine, but I don't think they're original enough compared to other 1st level units.

desmond PW
24 stycznia 2014, 18:15
In that case I think that ghosts shoul stay as neutral units regarding their special ability. These ghosts look like pure evil and don't really fit in gypsy town. So some kind of spirit creature (like for example genie) is surely a good idea, but undead not. Maybe think about phantom or somethink like this.

Moreover if we assume that this town is evil, there will be 5 evil towns, only 3 good, and one - witch - neutral.

Orzie PW
24 stycznia 2014, 18:46
Good: Knight, Sorceress, Wizard
Neutral: Gipsy, Witch, Barbarian
Evil: Warlock, Necromancer, Heretic.

No matter that neutrals have the affinity to evil. They will be counted as neutrals (it matters only for the Altar of Sacrifice, if it will be ever created).

As for the Ghosts, we don't agree that it does not fit to the Gipsy castle completely. Like I said, original H3 lineups are much more illogical in some points.

The Ghosts in the Gipsy castle is somewhat a trump card. The Gipsy has a hero who, according to his bio, managed to control the ghosts and thus made the desert faction familiar to them. Without Ghosts, this castle won't be so tempting for players. Actually not many people are against ghosts there.

The general Gipsy concept shows that Gipsy faction is a mysterious faction of vagabonds and exiled heroes, who is banned in any other kingdom and accepts various outlandish beasts in their ranks. It's a true circus, so to say. In such diverse lineup there is no inconsistency that there can be the neutral-to-everything Ghosts. They even live in the Dead City, which fits to the desert perfectly.

Also, if you remember, there was a spell in H2 called Abandon Mine. Every hero of every faction could cast it, and never be considered as Necromancer after that. That concludes that Ghosts are something relative to Elementals, who can also guard mines but can be controlled.

Orzie PW
26 stycznia 2014, 21:56
Midnight surprise. WIP

strona: 1 - 2 - 3 ... 22 - 23 - 24 ... 49 - 50 - 51
temat: [ERA/dodatek] The Succession Wars