Kwasowa Grota Heroes VIIMight & Magic XHeroes III - Board GameHorn of the AbyssHistoria Światów MMSkarbiecCzat
Cmentarz jest opustoszały
Witaj Nieznajomy!
zaloguj się    załóż konto
Sala Bohaterów  (Heroes I - IV)temat: [H2] modowanie balansu gry w heroes 2
komnata: Sala Bohaterów (Heroes I - IV)

desmond PW
21 lipca 2012, 12:01
Ostatnio przeszukiwałem Internet w poszukiwaniu jakichś modów do mojej ulubionej części herosów i natknąłem się na informacje o możliwości wpływania na statystyki jednostek, ich przyrost czy też koszt przez edycję pliku Heroes2w.exe programem typu hex editor.

Chociaż program taki ściągnąłem, to nie mam pojęcia jak się za niego zabrać, tzn. potrafię znaleźć odpowiedni adres w hex edytorze, ale nie wiem co dalej.

Chodzi mi na przykład o to, jak wykorzystać te informacje:

Cytat:
The creature data table starts at address 0xF03F8. Each creature contains 26 bytes, laid out as follows:
Code:

bytes description
----- -----------
0-1 cost in gold
2-6 ???
7 base growth per week
8-9 hit points
10 alignment[1]
11 speed
12 attack
13 defense
14 min damage
15 max damage
16 shots
17-21 4-character ID string, plus null char
22 attack-type flags[2]
23 other flags[3]
24-25 padding (all bits zero)

1. Alignment is a value between 0 and 6. 0 = Knight, 1 = Barbarian, 2 = Sorceress, 3 = Warlock, 4 = Wizard, 5 = Necromancer, 6 = Neutral.

2. The attack-type flags are ORed together. The default is 0, meaning a single hex melee creature, 1 = the creature takes up two hexes, 2 = flying, 4 = ranged, 8 = two-hex attack (e.g., Dragons). I expected to see more detail here but there isn't. Liches have a 4 and Hydras have a 1.

3. The only nonzero value I've seen here is 4, and that corresponds to undead.

I haven't yet been able to find any pattern to bytes 2-6 of the structure. There may be a pointer in there to unique functionality for each creature, in which case modding that will probably be impossible. The other thing missing here is the extra resource cost for certain creatures. That might be hardcoded into the game logic somewhere, and thus would likely be unmoddable.

Bytes 2 to 6 indeed offer the computer a hint about the strength of the unit. It will attack or avoid a fight based on this stuff. Another user pointed to the Fight Value, this might be the name for it. We have two values here:
- four bytes (2 to 5) surprisingly store the strength of the unit (fight value), it's suprising because we have four bytes so the strength can go up to 2 billion or something (whatever max long int is). I put a 01 in the 5th bit of a peasant and with an army of a single peasant all monsters either fled or offered to join my army;
- byte 6 seems to be related to strength too but it's more chaotic and still remains a mistery to me. it seems to go up with creature level but not in the same degree as the Fight Value, also i thought it was a unique code for each unit, but more units happen to have the same value, so it's a mistery for now;

Byte 22 the Attack-type flags is byte-coded:
- 1: 2hex
- 2: fly
- 4: ranged
- 8: 2hex attack
but it seems to hold more than this info because if we go up we find
- 16: a bizzare mode when the creature does not take part in battle and vanishes after it, it's not found in the normal state but maybe it's the effect of a spell
- 32 to 128: no visible things here

Byte 23 Other Flags, has other uses than the obvious 4 (undead):
- 1: mirror imaged creature (transparent, 1 HP, same damage)
- 2: red creature (maybe bloodlust? but does not carry the effect of the spell as it has normal attack)
- 4: undead
- 8 and 16: apparently nothing, could be spells that affect the creature but are not graphical
- 32: brown (ressurected? but does not dissapear after battle)
- 64: gray (stoned but can move)
- 128: apparently nothing

więcej informacji o edytowaniu heroesa 2 w hex edytorze jest tutaj oraz tutaj . W tym drugim linku można ściągnąć modyfikacje.

Masław PW
21 lipca 2012, 15:12
Mod balansujący HoMM II istnieje, a pobrać można go stąd - http://handbookhmm.ru/modostroenie.html

Bezpośredni link

desmond PW
21 lipca 2012, 16:06
Sądząc po zawartości pliku changes.txt to jest to ta sama modyfikacja, o której pisałem, że jest w drugim linku. Tylko, że przy próbie uruchomienia tego pliku wyskakuje mi komunikat o braku pliku audiere.dll. Próbowałem skopiować te pliki do katalogu z herosem, ale nic nie daje. Natomiast ta modyfikacja z linków, które podałem działa mi, ale uniemożliwia uruchomienie kampanii PoL, zamiast polskich liter są jakieś krzaczki no i co chwilę gra się zawiesza. Dlatego zależy mi na tym żeby samemu móc zmodyfikować grę.

Natomiast zaciekawił mnie plik o nazwie universal balance patcher, na stronie do której link zamieściłeś. Jeśli google translator dobrze mi przetłumaczył, to ten plik umożliwia właśnie edycję parametrów jednostek. Jednak w ogóle nie rozumiem rosyjskiego i nie potrafię użyć tego programu. A chodzi mi o ten program .

edit: dobra wiem, o co chodzi z tym programem. Umożliwia on w łatwy sposób edycję jednostek/budynków/czarów, ale działa tylko w tej wersji herosa, gdzie grę uruchamia się przez plik HMM2PL.exe, a ja mam wersję chyba gold, w której uruchamia się przez plik heroes2w.exe i mi to nie działa.
temat: [H2] modowanie balansu gry w heroes 2